Blacktop Consulting Engineers has the capacity to handle small or large projects. Some projects which we have successfully completed are described below.
- Supervision and certification of Glenfield Beach, Batavia Marina & Karloo subdivisions for CEM in 2015 to 2017. Supervision of the Aldi supermarket site earthworks for Wormal in 2017.
- BCE assisted Central Earthmoving Company Pty Ltd in 2017 with the Beresford Foreshore Coastal Protection and Enhancement Project which include groyne, breakwater and revetment construction. The construction of the rock structures requires the supply of suitable limestone rock underlayer and amour rock. BCE have been engaged by Centrals to assist in providing documentation to demonstrate that the imported rock to be supplied complies with the requirements of the project specification.
- BCE were appointed the site civil works supervisor for the $2M construction of Recovery Dam 7 at Iluka Resources Geraldton Narngulu Plant in 2011. BCE assisted with earthworks design, supervision of dam lifts and compaction.
- Supervision of jet grouting for Karara Mining at the train unloading facility at the Geraldton Port.
- Supervision of the QR National rail weigh bridge facility Narngulu in 2012.
- Supervision of the construction of the first stage of $80M Extension Hill iron ore project infrastructure, located 260 km south-east of Geraldton, in 2010.
- Civil works coordinator for $100M Iluka Geraldton NUP project expansion successfully completed in 2009.
- Design of stormwater drainage and disposal at CSBP Geraldton depot, GIACCI sheds for Iluka and Bluff Point Church.
- Design and supervision of controlled earthworks filling for construction of structural fill. BCE can provide material specific procedures for achieving compaction and site earthworks requirements.
- Concrete batch design for BLS construction in 2017 for the SBS conveyor project.
- Lester was employed by Halpern Glick Maunsell Pty Ltd (HGM) who were appointed the design and project managers of Stage 1 of the Batavia Coast Marina. Working under a senior HGM engineer Lester’s duties on this project included design and documentation of the trunk stormwater trunk drainage system. The system has an ocean outlet and pipes to 2100mm diameter. The design was finalised on ILSAX. Design and supervision of the stormwater junction pits which have covers constructed from suspended slabs beneath the roadways. Design of the boardwalk retaining walls, boardwalk handrail and street lighting support bases. Supervision of the construction of the boardwalk retaining walls, boardwalk handrail and street lighting support bases. Supervision of the rearmouring of the breakwater, laying of geotextiles over the breakwater core and breakwater wall construction and surveying to ensure adherence to design profile. Re armouring of the wall employed a long reach excavator placing select armour sourced from Seacrest. Supervision of refurbishment of the steelwork beneath the boardwalk. Supervision and compaction testing of Lot earthworks. Supervision of road works and sewer construction.
Blacktop Consulting Engineers
ABN: 84 683 812 614