Blacktop Consulting Engineers have the capacity to undertake a wide variety of geotechnical investigation, testing and reporting. Work is completed to the requirements of current relevant Australian Design Standards and each clients specific requirements.
Blacktop Consulting Engineers offer the following geotechnical services:
- Site investigations for residential houses and buildings to the requirements of AS2870-2011.
- Land capability studies for residential, industrial and commercial land development projects studies to meet the requirements of the Department of Planning and local authority requirements.
- Advice on site preparation, the expected behaviour of site soils, suitable fill materials, suitable compaction machinery, lift thickness, acceptable compaction testing methods based on the soil types, suggested compaction testing frequency to rapidly achieve specification requirements.
- Studies to determine soil organic content, soil density, permeability, soil bearing capacity, settlement, CBR, earthquake site sub-soil class & wind design criteria.
- Studies to determine the presence of acid sulfate soils (ASS) and potential acid sulfate soils (PASS), asbestos, hydrocarbons, lead & other heavy metal contaminants.
- Soil resistivity testing using Wenner method and DET2/2 Megger soil resistivity tester. Thermal resistivity testing.
- Plate load testing.
- Pavement and asphalt investigation and reporting.
- Investigation for potential sources of borrow materials for road construction. Blending design.
- Geotechnical assessment of difficult building and lookout sites. Ground assessment to determine geological/structural stability, soil stability, erosion damage/susceptibility and any remedial or maintenance actions required.